Friday, June 24, 2011

Goes to show

You never can tell.

I've found comfort and caring in a place I least expected it. And hurt in another least expected.

Someone posted a status the other day - the three words I've learned about life; It goes on.

Number 2 of the 5 agreements:

Don't take anything personally.

Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

This is a pretty hard thing to get. But when you do, or begin to, it creates a major 'ah-ha' moment.

I can sympathise, empathise, care for my friends. But sometimes, when all they do is bite, you have to back away. Yeah it hurts. And realising that it isn't anything that you said or did helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment