Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sick Day...

Wicked headache, along with it's pals nausea and dizziness. I wonder if one can develop migraines rather late in life?
Oh well, I am going to take the day as it's been given - a chance to relax in the sun (it's a gorgeous day) with my eyes closed. 
With sun block of course. Recently my bl 'rubbed a smudge' off my face that didn't budge. So at my last genesis treatment I asked the Dr. what it was.....(pause for grief). A solar lentigo (more commonly known as age spot). Yeah that hurt. And guess what. I will not go gentle. As long as I have a job and some $ in the bank, seborrheic warfare is on. 
People can say what they want about aging gracefully. Good for them. I'm not, and I'm not gonna. The genesis treatment is for rosacea, and it's been great, with the added benefit of collagen building. Botox is looming on the horizon - again, say what you want. Good for you :). Whatever else may be needed, will be done. I don't know if you can call it vanity. I'm not vain at all in the common sense of the word, in fact, I have a pretty low self esteem. There's a line with me though, and that line is at my neck (which will also be cosmetically amended if necessary).
I see nothing wrong with treating myself well. It's the only self I got. I could justify it by saying, I'm single, no kids, no mortgage, etc.. But I won't. It is something I want to do and I will do it.
It's a bit like the exercise and weight watching. It's healthy, but honestly I'm more focused on the cosmetic results. Just for me. I'm not out there on the market, I don't work in a cosmetically focused industry, really, no one cares what I look like - laughing here.
I feel better, when I look better.
And now, I will feel better when I lie down with a cold cloth on my achin' head :)

No comments:

Post a Comment