Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday in the Old Towne


Moms 'n' Me


I practiced my self portrait skills with Mom yesterday, on the way to the grocer's. GAH!, she says, I look OLD. So I softened us up a little, gave us a bit more colour and set Moms up with some new veneers. I LOVE picnik. I just sent it over to her, I hope she likes it :) So funny, she was telling me to 'push my glasses up for goodness' sake' but I was trying to take the picture and can only concentrate on one thing at a time.

Just got back from the Old Towne Market, I went in the hopes of a baker's table and when I first walked in there was none :(
But, I bumped into my friend Brian Perry, visiting his wife Kennita on a long weekend break from Uni in Oshawa. It was so great to catch up with them, they are a lovely couple. And now I have a new lunch pal! While Kennita waits to move up there with Brian, she's a little lonely. Enter me - the lone wolf - aching for companionship. I'm looking forward to getting to know her better.

And then! As we walked back to the beginning, Kennita pointed out - a bakers table! Being set up! I was the first customer and made their day (not ) by paying with a $50. But I bought 4 things - coconut cake, lemon cake w/ citrus glaze, cookies bars, and this:
pumpkin chocolate chip cake
I almost squealed when I saw it, I had been saying just the other day how badly I wanted some pumpkin chocolate bread.

So, I'm glad I did that today. I keep on telling myself to get out more, do things, see people....
I'm getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment