Monday, November 22, 2010

Today

  • I am sad.
  • I am confused.
  • I am thankful for my friends and the support they give me.
  • I love my sister and am so glad that she emailed me yesterday to tell me about her dream.
Have you ever had something happen in your life that knocked you completely off your rails? My rails were never the smoothest or straightest at any time, but they were functional and were slowly but surely getting me where I needed to go. Now I'm off. Completely off and completely lost with no sense of direction.

Funny thing about misfortune. It makes you realise how good things were before, even though you thought they weren't. Even though you may have been mistaken.

I know that there are worse things than this. I know that I'll get through it somehow. But you know what? I really don't want to.

Hope     
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all,


And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.


I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me


 - Emily Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment