Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ocean therapy

Today I did what I've been threatening to do ever since the water warmed up - booked home after work, changed into my suit with my helmet still on, and rode out to the beach.

It was everything that I had dreamed. I moved just enough to stay in the same place and bobbed there with my eyes closed, facing the sun. The sound of the waves and the salt smell, while weightless in the silken water was my zen. While I zenned, all thoughts of work, health issues, personal problems went away. I thought about nothing but breathing deeply. I felt nothing but the movements of my limbs in the ocean.

I swam until I was done with swimming, and then I sat on the beach until I was done staring out to sea.



If that's not the perfect way to end the day, I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment